Bichlalm open until 5:30 pm!
The Bichlalm in Hintertux
The alpine pasture „Bichlalm“ is one of the most attractive spots in the whole of Tux, with its fabulous views of the Hintertux Glacier.
It lies on the south-eastern slopes of the Hintere Tuxertal and is cultivated both in summer and in winter. The ascent from Hintertux to the Alm is done in just 45 minutes - even with a pram. If you prefer to take it easy and don't want to hike uphill, take the glacier lift to the middle station (Sommerbergalm) and walk from there steadily, but not steeply, downhill to the rustic Alm of the Klausner family. Even children can easily cope with this.
When you arrive at the Bichlalm, you will be provided with fine Zillertal delicacies - and amazed. From the fantastic view of the Hintertux Glacier and the Tux Alps. Just the way it should be on a hiking holiday in Austria! A glass of fresh buttermilk tastes particularly good after a day in the healthy Tyrolean mountain air. When exploring the alps, kids quickly love the hearty calves, while their parents enjoy the tranquility on the sun terrace of the Bichlalm.
And in the winter? The best way to swing on the sledge! A winter hiking trail suitable for families leads tobogganing enthusiasts to the Bichlalm in winter. And if you have eaten your fill and have had enough, you can rent a toboggan and experience pure action on the three-kilometer toboggan run.
Incidentally, it is illuminated in the evening. So you can combine dinner, hut evening and tobogganing fun perfectly.
We are also open in the evening on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and on Friday there is a "Ripperl evening" (on request) at the Bichlalm. We wish you good appetite and a lot of fun!
Summer on the Bichlalm
IDEAL DESTINATION FOR YOUNG & OLD
- Traditional cuisine, homemade cakes, Kaiserschmarrn
- Unique view of the Hintertux Gletsher
- E-bike charging Station
- Circular hiking Trail Sommerbergalm - Bichlalm - Hintertux
- petting Zoo
Petting animals on the Bichlalm
A highlight in summer are the petting animals on the Bichlalm, especially for our little guests.
Here the animals can be experienced up close and touched and caressed.
Your way to us
TOUR TIPS AND TRAILS Round the BICHLALM:
- Hintertux - Sommerbergalm – Schleierwasserfall- Bichlalm – Hintertux (Hike for the whole Family)
- Hintertux - Sommerbergalm – Tuxerjoch – Weitental – Schleierwasserfall – Bichlalm – Hintertux (Action Hike in the Middle of the Marmot World)
- Gletscherbahn – Bichlalm – Hintertux (Family hike)
- Madseit – Hintertux – Bichlalm – Gletscherbahn (A Hike with a Glacier View)